Informacion General

As I update the blog with some past events, I will post them to the actual date when they happened. You can browse a list of those blogs in the right pane, under "Blog Archive". You can also access posts by Tags, under "Tags/Etiquetas"

Enjoy!!

Monday, July 30, 2012

Week 7/18 - Olympic Triathlon Training


Tough week, but very rewarding.  By far the most training I have done in a week.  The last few months have been awesome training, and I can feel the improvement.  I need to improve my speed, but that will come.  

This week I did ALL of my workouts, much better than last week.  No road biking, but did all of the planned stuff at the gym.  And increased speedwork for run, which was noticeably harder.

Anyway, my totals this week were

Swim: 5,000yds
Bike:  82 miles
Run: 110 minutes (approx. 11 miles)

All in all, it was more than twice the swim, twice the bike and 40% more running that last week.

Clearlake Olympic Triathlon is in 4 weeks.  I am planning a 3:45 time, based on 38 minute swim (slow pace), 3 min T1, 120 min bike (28.6 miles @ 4 min/mi, slow), 3min T2 and 60 min run...   3:30 would be a stretch goal.. but still on my radar..

No comments:

Post a Comment