Informacion General

As I update the blog with some past events, I will post them to the actual date when they happened. You can browse a list of those blogs in the right pane, under "Blog Archive". You can also access posts by Tags, under "Tags/Etiquetas"

Enjoy!!

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Shadow Creek Results

Preliminary results are in.  I gotta say I am a bit disappointed, as I did not do as well as I wanted to on the swim and the run.  BUT, the good thing is that I did a bit better than expected on the bike and the transitions, AND that I actually felt the swim and the run being harder (wonder if they were because those were the same two things that I pushed a bit more than needed on Saturday)

Anyway, comparted to Tejas, I improved on everything except the run.  Here are the pace comparisons (remember, all distances were different)


                               Tejas Pace        Shadow Creek Pace
Swim (min/M)              0:34:19               0:33:45
T1                               0:02:18               0:01:39
Bike (MPH)                  18.7                   20.1
T2                               0:01:50               0:01:38
Run (min/M)                0:09:50               0:09:56

One good takeaway from this is that I can improve more on the Run.  And I need to.  I think with more concentration on that area I can hit 0:09:30 soon.  Probably not for the 6 miles of the Olympic, but for sure for the next Sprint (maybe I'll sign up for one in August).

Finally, when compared with the "standard" Sprint, which is something I like to do, the time would have been 1:27:09.  Thi is more than a 3 minute improvement over Tejas.

No comments:

Post a Comment