Informacion General

As I update the blog with some past events, I will post them to the actual date when they happened. You can browse a list of those blogs in the right pane, under "Blog Archive". You can also access posts by Tags, under "Tags/Etiquetas"

Enjoy!!

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Week 10/18 - Olympic Triathlon Training


This was the Taper week for Clearlake.  It did not feel like it, although the distances probably reflect it.  I decided to go do the bike route Friday morning, and it was frickin' hot.  I could barey (really!) finish the 45 min walk afterwards.  The bike felt great, though, and I did 40 miles, and not the 28 mile course.  Friday got me thinking about the 1/2 IM, and we'll have to see.  I got nervous about doing the 2 Olympic distance races in the next 6 weeks.  But I know I'll be fine, I just want to do a good time

This week I decided not to do the 25 mile bike (2nd one), as my legs are tired and I need to concentrate on running in the next couple of days of taper.  

Swim: 4,500 yds
Bike:  65 miles
Run: 135 minutes (approx. 14-15 miles), plus 45 min walk

Just to get them out in the open now, these are my goals for Clearlake:

Swim - 37 min
T1 - 4 min
Bike - 90 min (at around 18.6 mph, and it is 28 miles and not 25 miles)
T2 - 3 min
Run - 70 min

Total:  3 h 24 min

I think if I push it I can do 3 h 12 min (pushing the bike to 19mph and the run to 60 min, and cutting T1 to 3 min).  This would be equivalent to 3 h 3 min in the REAL Olympic. 




No comments:

Post a Comment