Informacion General

As I update the blog with some past events, I will post them to the actual date when they happened. You can browse a list of those blogs in the right pane, under "Blog Archive". You can also access posts by Tags, under "Tags/Etiquetas"

Enjoy!!

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Clearlake International Tri reflections and real results

Well, Clearlake is done and I gotta say that I had an amazing time.  It was a great race and during I decided that I want to go for the 1/2 IM.  More on that later.  First, some reflections

Swim
As a strategy, I have decided that I will always start on the back right of the group.  I do not want to get caught int the kicking and pushing of the pack.  I followed this strategy yesterday and it worked great.  During the entire swim I felt very comfortable, good and I was actually passing people.  I ended up coming out 16 in my age group (39 people) and 52 out of 110 in my overall group (all 39 and under).  Like I said, I felt really good and my pace was actually better than planned.

Bike
The bike started off with problems.  First, my right shoe would not clip.  Then, 2-3 minutes into the ride, I broke my left shifter.  This means that I rode with the small spoke (plato) all the race.  Like Tommy (Guardia) said, I probably looked like a Monkey at a fair: pedaling and pedaling.  But, anyway, I did not let this syche me out and I rode as fast as I can.  My legs tired more, I guess, but I decided that I had enough cushion in my planned time run since I had estimated 70 min there.  All in all, my bike time was 3:40 min more than planned, which sux, but still pretty good.  

Run
I knew going into the run my legs were tired, and I would probably walk a lot.  BUT, I had decided I would do my best to stay under 3h20m overall.  Eventually this did not happen, as I allowed myself the time because of the bike problems.  I ran the entire first loop, with no walking, but had to start walking more and more in the other loops.  I am not sure how much I walked, but it was at least 10-15 minutes of the overall time.  I ended up doing better than planned, at 1h06m

After all was said and done, I beat my estimated/planned time by 40 seconds, which is very comforting given the bike issue.   I am very pumped up to break the 3 hour mark in the Memorial Herman Olympic tri in 5 weeks, and to do that I need to concentrate to improve the run to break the 10min/mile pace, and just do my previously planned 18.6 mph in the bike.  If I can do both, and just maintain my swim, it is very possible.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment