Informacion General

As I update the blog with some past events, I will post them to the actual date when they happened. You can browse a list of those blogs in the right pane, under "Blog Archive". You can also access posts by Tags, under "Tags/Etiquetas"

Enjoy!!

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Week 2/18 Olympic Triathlon Training


Two weeks gone.  I defnitely felt it this week, as the 9 workouts from last week took a toll on my (not son in great shape) body.  Today I planned to go do the 25-mile bike session on the road, but while getting my bike ready I made it flat.  Apparently I broke the valve.  What a rookie.

Today I finished week 1 of 18 of the triathlon training plan I downloaded from http://www.trinewbies.com/ . It is supposed to be for Intermediate triathlets (I guess I am?) .  I feel good, not too tired, but tired and worked-out enough.  In summary, the plan includes 9 workouts (in 6 days, Fridays are off days), and this week had the followiing totals:

Swimming:  2,250 m (I skipped Monday's workout, it should have been 3,000m for the week)
Cycling: 60 miles (almost 100km week).
Running: 75 min (a little under 8 miles)

Sat morning after run
This coming week distances go up for everything, and keep going up.   Yikes!!


Saturday morning after swim


For the training plan that I am following go to

1 comment: